On Wednesday evening 5″ of fairly wet snow blanketed Dewey Mt… with more snow in the forecast for Friday, and lingering into Saturday morning.. Leave extra time on Saturday morning if you are travelling to the Cookie Classic. Registration at 11 am, the first wave starts at 12 noon.
. Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 am EST
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter
Storm Warning… until 7 am EST Saturday.
* Locations… the northern Adirondacks.
* Hazard types… moderate to heavy snow.
* Accumulations… snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches.
* Timing… snow beginning late this morning… with snow becoming
moderate to heavy this afternoon and this evening.
* Impacts… area roadways will become hazardous due to slick
* Winds… southeast 10 to 20 mph.
* Temperatures… highs in the lower to mid 30s today. Lows in
the mid to upper 20s tonight.