Five Stages in five days…
This year, celebrating the 20th anniversary of METALLICA’s triumphant “Black Album”
Due to the Sketchy Nature of the current snow conditions, Each of the Stage format/ Distances are “TBA.” Just show up ready to race! Sad but True. Follow Peru Nordic on Facebook or Twitter and stay tuned to Windbriefs for updates.
1. Do I have to do all the stages to take part in the TdS? No, do one stage, do all stages, you will be counted in the TdS standings. New for 2011… if you go hiking instead of skiing on a certain stage, you will receive points. So, get out there and enjoy winter in the High Peaks!
2. How do the TdS standings work? Skiers will score VHCS points in each stage. The points from each stage will be added together to determine the overall champ.
3. I would really like to do all the stages, but I am busy on some of those days. That’s OK, you can do any stage on any day and enter your results, in fact, you can do all of the stages on one day if you wish, however bonus points are given for completing a stage on it’s assigned day.
4. Is there an official start time for each stage? There are official start times for each stage, but again if you can’t make the start, that’s OK, just complete the stage on your own and enter your result online into the VHCS computer.
5. What are the Stages?
REMEMBER POOR SNOW CONDITIONS HAVE MADE THE STATUS FOR EACH STAGE TENTATIVE. THE OFFICIAL CALL ON THE STAGE FORMAT/DISTANCE AND LOCATION WILL BE POSTED TO FACEBOOK AND TWITTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PRIOR TO THE EVENT.
A. Into the Never: 12/28/11 Mt. Van Hoe Wed War Ensemble Season Opener… *VHCS Series points race. 3 pm start
B. The God that Failed: 12/29/11 4 km classic TT at Mt. Van Hoevenberg * VHCS points race 11 am start
C. Struggle Within… 12/30/10 Tour de Ski Hillclimb! Hopefully Upta GOAT! Mount Van Ho *VHCS points race 11 am start
D. Unforgiven: 12/31/11 Glenville Hills Classic, NYSSRA Series, * VHCS points race
E. My Friend of Misery… 1/1/12 The Gauntlet Relay 6 x 1.5 km free/classic Mount Van Ho * VHCS points race 12 noon start
6. Do I have to listen to METALLICA’s Black Album during the TdS? Of course, This album is a classic and in spite of it’s commercial success, it had awesome tracks. It is an all time Metal Classic. Crank it up!
Remember, VHCS points will be awarded for each stage, the skier with the highest total of VHCS points will win the Tour de Ski Chalice. (Skiers do not have to ski in every stage in order to be eligible, but don’t be a wuss… ski ’em all!)