As skiers get jazzed up for the Destructathon, Windbriefs has compiled a list of the top 10 psych-up songs for the punishing climb up the Hill of Death! The key to a successful race is to get these tunes in your head at the right time!
10. The Day that Never Comes. Metallica… You have been anxiously awaiting the start of this race for weeks, and now your time is due!
9. A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation. Trivium… You can no longer back out of this race, you must man up and go!
8. Fight Fire with Fire. Metallica… as the competition attacks on the first climb, you have to respond or be left behind.
7. Anything by Great White. Great White… Either this gets you really pumped (Moffett) or it is the annoying song you cannot get out of your head that makes this race even more painful.
6. Fast Junkie. Overkill… as you hit the flats of Donoghue Road. Your legs start to recover and you feel the addictive joy of going fast again!
5. Lords of Destruction. Black Label Society… Where is Maz, anyway? Why didn’t he show up?
4. Angel of Death. Slayer… The pain is unbearable “praying for the end of your wide-awake nightmare!”
3. Creeping Death. Metallica… as you struggle up the last pitch of the climb, your stride grinds down to a crawl, and you hear the ominous chant of “Die, Die, Die…”
2. Endless Armageddon. Toxic Holocaust… when will this f&%n climb end???
1. Walk. Pantera… this is about all you can do at the finish. RE-SPECT